Frozen Grapes Photo Credit: electricbleu on flickr.com
We in Britain are not really used to the hot weather, it happens so infrequently. Here are some tips to keep you nice and cool when the weather heats up.
- Keep a spray bottle with water in to spritz yourself. Elephants in Africa do it, and it works for us too. I like to use an old pump action body spray bottle as you will get a little of the scent too. Another good trick is to get a damp flannel and place on the forehead or back of the neck, pop some ice inside it for extra refreshment.
- Turn off any unnecessary appliances and lights. These generate heat, especially things such as computers, refrigerators, tumble dryers and dishwashers. If the weather is nice, your clothes and dishes can dry naturally anyway.
- Hang a wet sheet or towel up against an open window. The air that comes in is cooled by the evaporating water. Likewise, a bowl of ice water in front of a fan has the same effect. The easiest and cheapest air conditioning you can get!
Photo Credit: Pete Ashton on flickr
- If you are using air conditioning, then do make sure all other windows and doors are shut. It is a huge waste of energy if you don't.
- Drink lots and lots of water to rehydrate you and try and eat more foods with a high water content such as watermelon and salads. These are lighter and easier to digest too meaning less work for your body to do. Also try frozen grapes and frozen chocolate, tasty and refreshing.
- Wear loose clothing. Floaty skirts or trousers and tops that do not cling in the underarm area are best. When it comes to shoes, kick them off! Your feet are very sensitive to temperature. Run cold water over your feet or wrists as this can really help cool the blood travelling around the body.
TIPS - Save Energy, Save Money
FLOORING - Hot Rocks Pebble Floor
DRINK - Glacéau Vitaminwater...How Refreshing!